7/07/2005

Al Qaeda in London as viewed from many parts of the world

BRITAIN EXPLOSION
BRITAIN EXPLOSION,
originally uploaded by javierespinoza.
London woke up today, during its rush hour, with a series of explosions coming presumably from the same group that committed the attacks in the US and Spain: Al Qaeda.
I dediced to go to my contacts in my msn and ask them how they experienced the news in the regions of the world where they are currently living.
As for my friend Nerina Cevra, from Bosnia, she is currently in Geneva and she told me "it seems we have gotten used to this" because people continued with business as usual.
Nicole, from Trinidad, currently living in Washington DC, told me people say "nothing" about the attacks. But the US Media has the news all over.
Olive Munyi, from Kenya, living in Nairobi, was on an internet cafe talking with me about the news. She said she will find out more and let me know.
José Luis Sanz, from Spain, was visiting his parents in Spain when he heard of the attacks. He described the events as "sad" too.
Lay Chin Koh, a reporter from Malasia, who studied in the UK for three years, was trying to contact her friends with no results cause the lines were all jammed.

No comments: